Tragic electrical accident: 15-year-old fatal accident due to use of iphone in the bathtub

Tragic electrical accident: 15-year-old fatal accident due to use of iphone in the bathtub

We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Young person goes into the bathtub with a smartphone and dies

Last week in Russia a young girl died in the bath because her smartphone fell into the water. The 15-year-old's iPhone was attached to the charging cable during use. Russian experts had previously warned of the dangers posed by mobile phones in bathrooms.

Smartphone dropped into the water

15-year-old Irina Rybnikova from Bratsk in Siberia (Russia) died of an electric shock in her bathtub last Saturday. According to a report by the English newspaper "The Sun", the girl was killed while bathing when her iPhone, which was charged with a cable, fell into the water. Family members found the lifeless youth in the water. This was not the first death caused by electronic devices in the bathtub.

Similar tragedies in the past

According to the newspaper report, the teenager was known in her home country as a successful martial artist in the field of pancration, a mixture of boxing and wrestling.

"She dreamed of becoming world champion one day," said a friend of the girl.

Her 25-year-old sister Tatiana told the local newspaper "Komsomolskaya Pravda:" Our hearts are broken. "

And her sports association spoke of a "tragic accident".

This would have been simply avoidable if the smartphone had not been connected to the mains via the cable.

Russian security officials had previously warned of the dangers of charging cell phones in bathrooms, the Sun said.

This is probably also because there have been similar accidents in the past.

Russian schoolgirl Kseniya P. suffered an electric shock in the bathroom in February when her charging smartphone fell into the water.

And in France, a month before, a 21-pregnant woman had been electrocuted in her bath in France just a few days before delivery.

Do not use devices connected to the power supply in the bathtub

Anyone who uses a cell phone in bath water should never connect it to the mains for charging.

"Everything that has a connection to the home network with 230 volts should only be used at a great distance from the bathtub," explained Dieter Haentzsch, professor in the "Electrical Systems and Devices" department at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences, according to a report by the portal " TECHBOOK ”.

But: "Battery-powered devices such as smartphones, laptops and e-book readers pose no danger in the water due to the low voltage," said the expert. However, you must not hang on the charging cable.

After an electric shock to the doctor

An electric shock can have dramatic consequences for people - even if it does not take place in the water.

Among other things, life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias can occur, which sometimes lead to ventricular fibrillation.

Then the heart beats so fast that it no longer effectively pumps blood into the circulation. The result can be cardiac arrest.

In addition, there is a risk of the lungs muscles tightening due to the current, which in the worst case can lead to respiratory arrest.

Health experts advise going to the doctor after an electric shock, even if you are supposed to be doing well. Because cardiac arrhythmias can also occur late.

However, if you experience symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath or cramps in your chest immediately after an electric shock, the emergency services must be called immediately. (ad)

Author and source information

Video: Caught On Tape: Teen Drivers Moments Before a Crash. Nightline ABC News (May 2022).


  1. Owain

    Thank you and write again, but the map is not enough!

  2. Pan

    Interesting! Subscribed to the blog!

  3. Fekasa

    Unfortunately, I can help nothing, but it is assured, that you will find the correct decision.

Write a message